Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Member Profile: William Gallo

Name:

William Gallo

What was your first motor vehicle?:

My first car was a Holden HK Ute.

When did you buy your first Italian motor vehicle and what was it?:

My first Italian car was a 124BC in 1982 when I finished high school. I needed a car and it was $1200 what a bargain!

Do you still own this car?:

No. I got sick of my 124 so I bought an Alfa GTV 1979 model instead!

What type of Italian Car(s) do you own now?:

-Fiat 500 F White

-Fiat 500 F Cabriolet White.

-Fiat 500 N (under restoration) Blue.

What in particular attracted you to this motor vehicle?: (one at a time)

500 F

The Fiat 500F was a cute Italian car, when i first saw one in 1982 I knew I was in love with this car straight away! The style and the shape were very cool! And for such a small engine what a powerful little car!

500 F Cabriolet

The Cabriolet is an open top different 500, its a unique car and you can feel the wind in your hair as you drive by!

500 N

This car is currently under restoration! Hopefully it will be ready before i turn 50!!

Most memorable moment:

500 F

The most memorable moment in the 500F would have to be taking it around the track at eastern creek!

500 F Cabriolet

Taking it to my daughters christening and driving in the Mardi Gras parade with members of the Gay and Lesbian Italian community!

500 N

Finding and buying the car, and getting it ready to be restored. More news to come!

If you could have one Italian Made car, which would you choose and why:

A Ferrari GTS 308 1979, because my favourite show as a kid was Magnum PI.

What appeals to you about your club, the IMSMC?

I like the fact that we all hang out and go to different places. The club is very family oriented and we all enjoy our time together both on and off the road.

No comments: