Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Member Profile: Carmine "Charlie" Losinno

Name:

Carmine Losinno

What was your first motor vehicle?:

A 1958 Holden

When did you buy your first Italian motor vehicle and what was it?:

The first one was a 1976, Fiat 124 Station Wagon.

The second one was a 1982 Fiat 131 Super brava

Do you still own these cars?:

No

What type of Italian Car(s) do you own now?:

Fiat 500 Bambino 1969

Fiat 500c Topolino 1950

What in particular attracted you to this motor vehicle?: (one at a time)

Fiat 500 Bambino 1969 – Back in Italy, when my younger sister was 9 years old, she had a photo with a Fiat 500 Bambino when she was making her first holy communion, I will never forget this photo as not long after she got sick and passed away.

Fiat 500c Topolino 1950 – Back when I was 16 years old in Italy my friend stole his uncle’s key for his Topolino and he asked me to go for a drive with him at 12 pm at night. We went about 7kms away from the town and the universal joint in the car broke down and luckily we could push the car downhill back to its original spot. The next day my friend and I were in big trouble. So I will never forget this experience.

Most memorable moment:

When I take my grand children for a ride in ‘ Nonno’s Baby Car’

If you could have one Italian Made car, which would you choose and why:

When and if I can afford it I would like to buy a 1947 Ferrari model because I think this is the first Ferrari that came out and this is the year I was born.

What appeals to you about your club, the IMSMC?

I like the name of the club, the friendships I have made and the different outings we go on. And most importantly I like having a drink with the members!

No comments: