Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Member Profile: Joe Lecce

Name: Joe Lecce

What was your first motor vehicle?

My first car was a 1963 Holden Utility. For work, carrying all my tools and parts.

When did you buy your first Italian motor vehicle and what was it?:

My first Italian made car was a Fiat 500 which i bought in 2004.

Do you still own this car?:

Of course! Where is it going? Nowhere!

What type of Italian Car(s) do you own now?:

-Fiat 500 F 1969.

-Fiat Punto! (new!)

What in particular attracted you to this motor vehicle?:

Fiat 500 F

When i was about 18 in 1960 i was in Turin, and i had just got my license. One weekend we wanted to go and hire a car to go around, but I couldn’t because i was 18 and i didn’t have anyone to vouch for me. So angrily I said to the hire man "one day ill buy one!"
I came out to Australia and after 40 years i finally bought one! And I love the car!

Fiat Punto

I wanted a new car, so i looked at all the cars that were available, but because I am member of Italian Made Social Motoring Club, this gave me every reason to buy a New Fiat Punto. It's a beauty - the best car when I compare it to anything else, its Italian Made like me and my club too!

Most memorable moment:

Before I knew Gianni and Leo Di Rocco it was really boring! One day i did a commercial with a boat which i towed with my 500. In the meantime, Gianni Di Rocco asked me to bring my car from Cabarita to his house so he could have a look at the car. I was surprised by this and didnt even know these people! i left my car that afternoon, and they looked after my beauty. When it was away safely, i knew these people would be great friends. And ever since we have been excited to go around and about. Other people thought i was crazy to leave my car with them and look how it turned out!

The best time of them all was when we had the Fiat 500 50th anniversary celebrations in the city!

If you could have one Italian Made car, which would you choose and why:

A Fiat 500!

What appeals to you about your club, the IMSMC?

Everything! Everyone has a great time and we all get along. All as one big happy family enjoying our time together!

No comments: