Thursday, May 29, 2008

Member Profile: Lino De Iulio


Name:

Lino De Iulio

What was your first motor vehicle?:

1970 Fiat 124 Sports Coupe BC

When did you buy your first Italian motor vehicle and what was it?:

I Bought my Fiat In 1979 at the age of 19!

Do you still own this car?:

REGRETTABLY NO. My father convinced me at the age of 22 to part with the car as i was contributing all of my precious earnings and savings in to it. After all It was a Fiat!!

What type of Italian Car(s) do you own now?:

Funnily enough i own the same car now as what i used to own. The passion i have for this lovely looking early 70’s classic vehicle would not go away. I was very fortunate to learn just six years ago that the car was for sale and with much desire to acquire one; I did not hesitate to buy it.

What in particular attracted you to this motor vehicle?:

My nostalgia for the car was first and foremost, the immaculate look of the car as I inspected it coupled with its very original look and feel.

Most memorable moment:

Driving in convoy to Autoitalia on the Hume highway and as we drove on the stretch to Lake George the second barrel of the Webbers opened up and for a moment the car felt like it was leaving the road the same way a plane leaves a runway. It was incredibly smooth and very fast!

If you could have one Italian Made car, which would you choose and why:

I had a recent test drive of the drop dead gorgeous Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa. This has gotta be the one. Its literally drop dead gorgeous.
What appeals to you about your club, the IMSMC?
Good social company with my family and friends and great opportunity to take our cars on a run , show them off to the public somewhere be together have a bite to eat and a drink and return home, and look forward to next event.

No comments: